The ‘Burr’ or ‘Button’ is the end of the Antler that was attached to the Elk’s head before it dropped off during the annual shed in the spring. There is a ‘special’ attraction to this for most dogs – they go a little nuts! It is VERY hard to chew and only has exposed marrow on one side. (See picture below as a sample of how both sides look.) Great for tough chewers and larger dogs.
100% Canadian farmed, naturally shed Elk Antlers.
The ultimate in healthy and long-lasting treats! If your dog has not tried them yet, don’t hesitate.
provide more than just recreational chewing – they’re a great source of
calcium, protein, glucosamine, chondroitin (great for the joints) and
many other vitamins & minerals.
- Great for tough chewers. Elk Antlers provide hours of recreational fun, for even the most aggressive chewers andlast longer than any other chew on the market!
- No odours, no slime and no stains – a tasty, mess free treats for your dogs.
- Harder than bones – antlers do not easily break, chip or splinter.
- No fat – can be enjoyed by dogs that are overweight, have pancreatitis, IBD or allergies to ingredients found in other treats.
- From Canadian farm-raised Elk – ensuring government health inspections.
Antler is especially appealing to dogs because of the rich, thick,
meaty “marrow” portion, hidden inside the hard outer core. Elk antler,
compared to other antler varieties, has up to 30% more marrow core, and
the marrow is what makes it such an attractive chew for even fussy dogs!
Burr Medallion Cut of Antler: the diameter is approx. 3.5″ and cut approx. 1.5′” thick.
2 sizes available – see drop down selection below.
XL size measures approx. 4″ x 2″