CaniSource is revolutionizing the commercial dog food industry. They start with 100% raw, unprocessed, Canadian-sourced ingredients (rice excluded). The recipe is formed into a kibble and then slowly dehydrated at a low temperature to preserve the original nutrients. This produces a crunchy kibble that is not only perfectly balanced, but is also extremely palatable. Finicky dogs LOVE CaniSource! Unlike other dehydrated foods, there is no need to hydrate CaniSource. This gives the benefits of a raw diet with the convenience of a kibble! This tasty food is made of 100% fresh ingredients and is toxin-free to eliminate allergy problems. It is very nutritious to allow your dog to eat less and improve its digestion. The quality of ingredients helps naturally remove tartar, increase joints mobility and maintain a shiny and silky coat. Made in Quebec, Canada.
- Low Temperature Dehydration rather than extrusion – preserves a greater amount of natural nutrients and proteins
- Proper Omega 3 and Omega 6 ratio – for healthy skin and a silky coat
- Balanced protein/fat ratio – better weight control
- Herring frozen at sea: Herring is a fatty fish best know for being rich in omega-3. It’s also know for being one of the species of fish that is the least contaminated with mercury or other contaminants as it is relatively small fish that is also low on the food chain. Our herring is frozen at sea, which means it is frozen on the boat as soon as it comes out of the water. In
contrast, fresh fish can spend up to a few days on the boat in addition to the transport time to the customer, thus increasing the chance for bacteria development. Did you know that all sushi grade fish other than tuna has been frozen first? The freezing process actually kills the parasites found in raw fish.
- Whitefish: Our whitefish is land frozen silver hake. It’s the perfect complement to herring and helps balance the proper fatty acids necessary to a good digestion and a good absorption of vitamins and minerals. Fatty acids found in fish are also particularly useful in the development and maintenance of a healthy reproductive system.
- Buckwheat: Buckwheat is an excellent source of digestible and non-digestible fibres and helps with digestion and intestinal transit. Buckwheat is not a grain like the name might suggest but it falls in the same family as rhubarb.
- Fresh lamb liver: Liver is an excellent source of iron and other vitamins and minerals, which are much easier to absorb than synthetic ones.
- Chickpeas: Chickpeas are an excellent source of easily digestible nutrients for animals and are used in our formulation to help diversify the source of nutrients and proteins.
- Fresh Apples: Fresh apples are an excellent source of dietary fibre. Apples provide soluble and insoluble fibers, vitamin C, potassium and boron. CaniSource is made with this nutritious and antioxidant fruit, used whole to get all those nutrients. It also gives the food a nice flavor and helps preserve it in a natural way.
- Fresh Carrots: Fresh carrots are rich in beta-carotene and produce a laxative action because they contain fiber. When the ingredients are fresh, they maintain their flavor and their important nutrients, including the protective antioxidants. We use only fresh and whole fruits and vegetables.
- Kelp: The kelp we use is low in iodone and completes naturally the vitamins and minerals necessary to your dog’s good health.
- Sunflower oil: Sunflower oil helps increase the omega-6 levels in this formulation. Contrary to humans, dogs need more omega-6 than omega-3. It is also an excellent source of fat and energy for dogs.
- Cranberries: Cranberries are used for their antioxidant properties and also help avoid urinary infections in animals and humans alike.
- Antioxidant Herbal Mix: Our mixture of natural herbs brings a number of benefits to our food. They facilitate preservation and, in addition, give a good flavour and aroma to CaniSource food. They also stimulate our pet’s immune system.
Complete ingredients: Herring, white fish, buckwheat, fresh lamb liver, chickpeas, fresh apples, fresh carrots, sunflower oil, seaweeds, cranberries, calcium carbonate, tri-calcium phosphate, a mix of herbs with anti-oxidizing properties, saccharomyces cerevisiae extract (MOS), chicory root extract (FOS), beet extract, elderberry extract, yeast extract, lactobacillus extract, thyme extract, niacinamide, choline chloride, zinc sulphate, ferrous sulphate, ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), zinc proteinate, iron proteinate, vitamin E supplement, calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, copper sulphate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, vitamin A supplement, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), manganous oxide, vitamin D3 supplement, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate, calcium iodate, folic acid, sodium selenite, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, citric acid, rosemary extract.
SIZE / VOLUME COMPARISON:
|CANISOURCE||= HIGH-END KIBBLE|
|2 KG||4 KG|
|5 KG||10 KG|
|10 KG||20 KG|
|WEIGHT OF DOG||CUPS/ DAY|
|6 lbs (3kg)||1/3|
|25 lbs (12kg)||1|
|48 lbs (22kg)||1.5|
|78 lbs (35kg)||2 1/3|
|124 lbs (56kg)||3 1/3|