Our pets rely on us to keep them well – to romp, to play, to follow, to obey, and to stand ready, willing and able in every aspect of their lives. The rediscovery of the almost forgotten Hemp plant has surfaced to be “nature’s most perfectly nutritionally balanced plant source” and is the nutrient foundation within all of our NuHemp products.
• The hempseed is actually a fruit that is extremely nutritious for humans as well as animals. Hempseed is considered by leading researchers and medical doctors to be one of the most nutritious food sources on the planet — packed with protein, vitamin E, Omegas and GLA.
• The hempseed contains the highest amount of essential fatty acids of any plant in the world. Cold pressed hempseed oil is among the lowest in saturated fats at 8% of total oil volume. The oil pressed from hempseed contains 55% linoleic acid (LA) and 25% linolenic acid (LNA). Only flax oil has more linolenic acid at 58%, but hempseed oil is the highest in total essential fatty acids at 80% of total oil volume. These EFAs, which are 80% polyunsaturated fat, are considered good fats.
• The hempseed also contains 31% highly digestible protein, with an amino acid profile that is superior to soy or cow’s milk as it contains all eight essential amino acids in nutritionally significant amounts and in a desirable ratio. No other single plant source provides complete protein in such as easily digestible form.
• Hempseeds have three times the vitamin E of flax and twice the iron and magnesium (a key mineral often depleted by industrial agriculture) contained in flax.
• A recent report funded by the Canadian government states that hemp protein is comprised of 66 percent high-quality edistin protein, and that hempseed contains the highest percentage of this of any plant source. Unlike soy, hemp is not genetically modified.
Think Hemp for Optimum Pet Health!